America Is Hard to See
Events of Interest
Type: Live theatrical production
Location: New York City (SoHo)
Date: Jan. 20-Feb. 24 8:30PM
Featuring: Ken Barnett, John Carlin, Joyce Cohen, Amy Gaither Hayes, David Spadora, Valerie Gareth Tidball
Blurb: During the late fall of 2015, members of Life Jacket Theatre Company traveled to southern Florida to interview the residents of Miracle Village, a rural community for sex offenders buried deep in sugarcane fields. The team has transformed its research into a moving and unflinching play about darkness, uncertainty, and the painful process of healing in small-town America. This play uses a fusion of personal interviews and found text crafted by Travis Russ, award-winning playwright and director, as well as traditional Methodist hymns and original songs composed and arranged by Priscilla Holbrook, from the band Susan Jane. Life Jacket Theatre Company’s recent production of Gorey: The Secret Lives Of Edward Gorey, was a Critics’ Pick by the New York Times and Time Out New York, was nominated for a 2017 Drama Desk Award, seven 2016 New York Innovative Theatre Awards, and two 2017 Henry Hewes Design Awards (granted by the American Theatre Wing).
Sponsor: Life Jacket Theater Co. @ HERE Arts Center
Cost: $35-$45. Use discount code “2FOR1” to get two tickets for the price of one, good for performances Jan. 30-Feb. 4 only.
America Is Hard to See
If you want to shop at amazon, please shop at smile.amazon.com/ch/47-4076038
Women Against Registry Family Foundation.
We will receive .5% of your total purchase as a donation from amazon.
Links to and From WAR
Search Articles by Keyword
14th Amendment acclimate into society ACLU Arizona Supreme Court az registry meet CA child crimes Commentary completed probation Crimes Against Children customs DuBuc Ducey due process equal protection principles fear of predators HB 2488 HB 2539 housing HR515 IML incarcerated spending inefective laws ineffective law inhibits successful reintegration Ira Ellman Janice Bellucci January Jason Rydberg juvenile juvenille leaving country LENORE SKENAZY Metamora Films Nevada NV policies private prisons punishment punitive recidivism Restoration of Rights RSOL supervision supervision conditions
Most Viewed Posts
- Gov. Doug Ducey signs 2 new Registrant bills into Arizona law Views: 1004
- Nevada Supreme Court stops sex offender law from being implemented Views: 987
- WAR Joins California RSOL Protest Views: 910
- International Megan’s Law IML Protest Views: 858
- Alliance for Constitutional Sex Offense Laws Views: 767
- Authority to impose additional supervision conditions appeal Views: 763
- 104 sex offenders sue Idaho over its registry laws Views: 739
- Unique Identifier Provision of IML Views: 673
- Utah’s Recidivism Rate In Light of National Trends Views: 670
- News for EVERY State Views: 628